What To Expect
To get the best service and value for money for both you and the UK taxpayer, we recommend you harness the full range of our travel and financial expertise and commercial leverage. Using the full turnkey service in this way, this is what you can expect:
- Guides. All our guides are either experienced military commanders, military historians and/or established authors with a thorough knowledge of both their historical specialisation and modern military requirements. See Our Experts.
- Flights/Trains. As a holder of the Air Travel Operators Licence (ATOL), member of the Travel Trust Association (TTA) and as a British Airways Appointed Operator, we can negotiate long and short haul flight travel at value prices. Similarly, we deal regularly with Eurostar and all continental railway operators.
- Coaches. Once in theatre we recommend you use a reliable coach fitted with air-conditioning, fridge, WC and audio-visual equipment as this will ensure that guides can use the travel time for background briefings - this maximises the limited time available and ensures participants arrive at each stand relaxed, alert and prepared. We have preferred coach suppliers in most European countries with whom we work regularly and through whom we can negotiate preferential rates.
- Food & Accommodation. Through our extensive connections with local travel organisations and hotels worldwide we can arrange whatever package suits your requirements – and at a price that suits your budget. To get the best combination and value for money, we recommend that military groups consider booking a Bed & Breakfast package and then pooling your CILOR allowance to cover lunch and evening meals – which we can arrange for you using our local knowledge.
- Literature. Unless you wish to produce your own handout, we will provide you with a Tour Brochure showing the Study aim and objectives, nominal role, Guide’s CV, background historical information and organisational diagrams, an illustrated itinerary, and a full portfolio of battlefield maps.
- Administration. We know how busy MOD units are these days, so our experienced office staff will take the full administrative load off your shoulders including booking all flights, coaches, hotels, restaurants, guides, museum entry etc. All you need to do is tell us what you want to achieve, where you want to go and who is coming – we will do everything else both before and during the tour, including taking full responsibility for any financial loss due to flight cancellations and natural emergencies.